We are dedicated to the care and conservation of the environment, and as we all live locally, our customers’ environment is also our own!
Sometimes we just cannot do everything, which is why we hire in other companies for help with the things we can't do, like tree cutting above 5 metres! We often use small companies that are trying to get on there feet, as we all know how difficult that can be, we realise that continuity is important to our customers so we only use companies with good recommendations and recognised qualifications for peace of mind that the work will still be carried out to the best standard. If you are a small company with relevance to the gardening industry and are looking for work, download an application today and we could be in touch soon!
As a company you can expect us to:
- Be punctual
- Offer value for money
- Be honest at all times
- Offer a professional and courteous service that minimises any disruption to your normal daily life.
- Work in a tidy & safe manner
- To be contactable when required
- Strive to exceed your expectations all times
As a customer we expect you to:
- Be honest at all times
- To pay agreed bills on time
- To keep to any appointments made
- To respect Green Gardens staff
- To report any problems or queries immediately
We are VAT registered
Our VAT Number is 909 2834 09
Public & Employers Liability Insurance
Green Gardens is fully insured with both public liability insurance up to £5,000,000 and employers' liability insurance up to £10,000,000.
Health & SafetyIn accordance with the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act. We are committed to ensure the health, safety and welfare at work of our employees, all that is reasonable to prevent personal injury and further to ensure that persons not in its employment, who may be affected by its undertakings, are not exposed to risks to their health and safety, so far as they come into contact with Green Gardens or the products we use.
In particular Green Gardens have a responsibility to:
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, taking into account current statutory requirements.
- Provide training and instruction to enable employees to perform their work safely and efficiently.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment and safe systems of work.
a constant and continuing interest in health and safety matters
applicable to the company's activities and for the management to set an
example in safety behavior.
- Consult with employees on health and safety arrangements.
- Provide risk assessments covering the company's work activities.
Whilst Green Gardens accepts its prime responsibility for ensuring the heath and safety and welfare for its employees, it is expected that all employees accept their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act to:
- Take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Co-operate with management to enable the company to fulfill its legal obligations.
- Not interfere with, or misuse anything provided in the interests of health and safety.
Green Gardens are committed to its program of continual improvement, and will provide the necessary resources to ensure full implementation of the policy. The Directors will give full backing to employees committed to achieving these policy objectives. This policy will be subject to review annually, or when process conditions change.
The primary role of the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) is to help employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups including children. The DBS was established under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and merges the functions previously carried out by the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA). All of Green Gardens employees are DBS (CRB) checked.